Thursday, December 1, 2016

The bad luck fairy.

Hello world,
Well Alaska isn't great at all. The bad luck fairy really loves to play around with Austin and I. I have been here for a whole month and I have tried so hard to like it. Yes it is beautiful and there is so many adventures, but let's have real talk here for a minute. I don't get out of my house very much do to having one vehicle,it is cold and well going for walks when it is -25 is not my puppies idea of fun or mine.  Then back home my dog died. Our house can't get WiFi, our water  has so much sulfur in it which the didn't tell us! Oh and then there is our car. The drivers side door window just decided to crack and break one day for no reason, and we can't plug it in at night do to the fact that it shorts out . So every night I go run the car for 30 mins to an hour every few hours so that it will run in the morning for Austin to go to work. Then the other day it was -32 out side and our car decided to die when Austin was driving home from PT to change. So now we are carless until we can fix our or find a new one. We thought we could get a rental from our insurance but that is a no. Then someone was going to let us barrow a car but now they aren't leaving. Soooo we really don't know what to do. It is so great being in Alaska. At lest I have like 3 friends here , that I can't see. Ugh sorry this post is something from the Grinch but honestly there is nothing good going for us. I just sit at home with my stupid puppy, in my empty house with nothing to cook with or bake no movies to watch or furniture to sit on. I have a blow up bed and a giant teddy  bear. Hopefully all our stuff gets here before Austin leaves for a month in January. I also would love to be living on base by then. If we don't have a car I can't finish my paperwork finished on Monday!  The joys of being in the Army in Alaska. Well here is to December and praying things get better because damn it this my favorite month of the year. I want to bake and decorate and have friends over! Hopefully soon that will be a reality. The only thing holding my hopes together right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment