Thursday, November 17, 2016

When your dog is choking and you have to be a super dog mom.

So last night after we ventured to PetCo with Koda we came home and started setting his kennel up and making dinner.  Austin was cooking and I was doing kennel stuff. Koda was eating his food normally he doesn't eat very fast. Well he starts coughing and gagging and wouldn't stop then he was having issues breathing. I was like Austin Koda is choking!!!! He was like I don't know what to do! Well I had seen a few things on Dog CPR and what to do if they are choking! Plus working with a million children I have had CPR and First aid every year forever! So first I patted his back hard. The wasn't working so I  stuck my fingers down his throat to get the foreign object out and he coughed it  up just like the teach you to do with babies. Austin just looked at me like how in the world did you know how to do that?!  Many people don't think about there pets choking and needing help but on bigger dogs you can use the Heimlich and on smaller dogs. Since Koda is so little I didn't want to break him. If you want to know how to save your dog from choking here is what to do if your dog is   choking for dummies! Gotta keep your fur babies safe! http://www.dummies.com/pets/dogs/what-to-do-when-your-dog-is-choking/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment