Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Just a girl living in the last frontier.

Well hello!
Sorry I haven't blogged much recently but not many  things have been going on. I have some serious  cabin fever now that Austin is gone for a while. Living in the woods is fun and all, but when you don't have a car you can't drive do to extreme anxiety to take you places things get tricky.  I have been crafting, writing letters, playing lots of video games,and watching movies. Koda has been helpful of course keeping me company. Plus wonderful friends who come get me when they can.This week is going to be really cold. I am praying my electricity,heat and water keep running. I however have the best parents for learning to conquer these kinds of things. Growing up we went camping alot! We also played some board game that I can't think of the has to do with survival questions. Plus we watched lots of survival shows together. We would always talk about how we need to be prepared for certain things. Like normal parents they had is learn where to go if we had a fire or a tornado. We had a safety bucket ready in the basement. We had a car kit with suplies. It had been engraved into our heads. Now that I live in Alaska I am actually using some of my knowledge that I have gained. Since I know it is going to be horribly cold (-45°)and if my power goes out I am in trouble. Tonight I have prepared food that I can eat cold. I have a cooler I can use and fill with snow or even the bathtub,I have 9 gallons of water, Candles, flashlight, sleeping bags that are good to -30°,even the fixings for a fire if it really comes down to needing too.  I have lots of non cotton layers since cotton kills when it is this bloody cold out. I even have  Koda  taken care of with enough food ,water, treats,and coats. So yes living in the last frontier can be a challenge for people who don't know how to survive up in this neck of the woods. I think I will do just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment